Events taking place in the village.
|Event Name||Pop – Up Choir|
|Event Location||Izaak Walton Pub|
|Event Date||28th of March 2017|
|Event Time||7.15 pm|
|Contact name||Jane Cobley|
|Contact Telephone||01730 823299|
|Description||* Timing – 7.15 – 8.15 pm
* An hour of singing for fun!
* No need to be able to read music, just come and enjoy.
PLEASE NOTE: The date of 7th March given in Meon Matters is incorrect, as the date was changed after the magazine went to press – apologies for any inconvenience..
|Event Name||E M Garden Club – talk on ‘Petersfield Physic Garden’|
|Event Location||East Meon Village Hall|
|Event Date||3rd of April 2017|
|Event Time||7.15 pm|
|Description||* Timing – 7.15 for 7.30 pm
*Speaker – Jenny Hill, official lecturer for the Physic Garden, has great knowledge of herbs and will give an illustrated talk.
* She has asked that those attending bring specimens of their 3 favourite herbs.
* Follow up club visit to the Physic Garden on 18th May and sign up sheets will be available on the evening of the talk.
|Event Name||East Meon Primary School Duck Race|
|Event Location||East Meon High Street – on the river|
|Event Date||7th of April 2017|
|Event Time||3.45 pm|
|Description||* GET YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW!
* Open to everyone – just buy a duck at the school or Izaak Walton for £1.00 – from 17th March.
* Prizes and rosettes to be won – so decorate your duck!
* In business – why not get involved – sponsor a duck for £5.00 and get a free listing in the programme.
* For more information – contact Friends of East Meon School (FEMS) – email above.
* Have fun and help to raise much needed funds for the school.
|Event Name||Portsdown Decorative and Fine Arts Society Talk|
|Event Location||St Nicholas Church Centre, Bedhampton|
|Event Date||13th of April 2017|
|Event Time||2.00 pm|
|Description||* Doors open 1.30 pm
* Illustrated talk – 'Virginia Woolfe on Life and Art'
* Speaker Karin Fernald
* Talk followed by free refreshments
* Non-members requested to make a donation of £5.00 which can be gift-aided.
If you know of an event which you think should be in this list then please contact Ron Ingerson on 823305 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.